Wednesday 23 April 2014

Review & Swatches - NYX Butter Gloss and NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil

Hey everyone! This post is dedicated to NYX products. I will be doing both a review and swatches for each product.

The NYX Butter Gloss

In my opinion the NYX Butter Gloss is the best lip gloss in the market. Not only for the quality but also for the affordability! It retails in Australian Targets for $9.99 but you can buy them online for only $5 if you buy in bulk.

When applied they go on glossy and evenly. It comes with your standard, wand to apply the gloss. They smell like vanilla sort lollies. I don't know how to describe it but it makes it want to eat it! They have a very pleasant smell if you ask me.


Left to Right: Strawberry Parfait, Peaches and Cream, Maple Blondie.




Swatched above in the same order.

I really love these butter glosses. They look great on for casual wear and if your lips just need that little extra gloss. 


The NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil


From Bottom to Top: 604 - Milk Lait, 605 - Strawberry Milk, 608 - Cottage Cheese, 
611 - Yogurt, 617 Iced Mocha.



Swatched. Left to Right:  Milk Lait, Cottage Cheese, Strawberry Milk, Yogurt, Iced Mocha.


These jumbo eye pencils go on very creamy. I'm still up in the air about if I like these or not.. I'm not really reaching for them as much as other eye shadows. I mean the colours are still fantastic! I particularly love Milk Lait for the inner corners of my eyes. It brightens it up instantly, without it looking over the top. These colours really go well with each other.  

I know that Milk Lait and Cottage Cheese look very similar. The difference being one gives off a matte finish and the other a shimmery finish. Personally it depends on the look you're going for... Both colours suit any style.

You can find NYX products at your local Target or online from Cherry Culture.

Overall, I like both of these products. I just love the butter glosses a lot more. 

What are your opinions on these two products? Do you love them or hate them? 

Kirstie Jade
xx

Disclaimer: All  products  were  purchased with my own money, all opinions expressed are my own.

3 comments:

  1. I like the colors of these pencils. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of the butter gloss - all the colours are gorgeous!!! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk - hope we can follow each other xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lip butters glosses look amazing, the colours are perfect for spring and summer!

    Yige || Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete